Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Slim Phatty Loop Six-pack

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Moog's new Slim Phatty has become one of the cornerstones of my sound for 2011. Oh sure, I'm still madly in love with my Oberheim SEM for its raw aggression, Vermona Mono Lancet for its versatility, and Doepfer Dark Energy for its micro modulararity, but for rafter-shaking bass and in-your-face leads, the Phatty is my go-to synth.

I just reviewed it for Keyboard and the details are in the current issue, but if you want to know why I'm head over heels for this beastie, check out this six-pack.

Six loops. All yours. Royalty free. Have fun.

Links after the jump...

Tech notes:
- Everything's in the key of C.
- All loops are at 128 BPM.
- All loops are eight bars long.
- Since I played some of the parts by hand, there's a bit of warping to tighten the grooves.

Download Moog Slim Phatty Sixpack (raw loops)

Download Moog Slim Phatty Sixpack in Ableton Live 7.0.18 format

9 comments:

  1. I have a slim. Definitely buy the pack as the unit is riddled with OS errors and is buggy as hell. So sad to see no progress in 40 years in Moog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    Utter bullshit. I've been using mine almost daily since it was released with nary a hitch. Love it. One of my all time favorite synths.

    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the MOOG SP and a Korg Radias, both - IMHO very good synths, the MOOG wins every time for me, Gut wrenching window shaking bass and ear bleeding Leads, plus the weird and the wacky that Moogs can do in a heartbeat. Glad I bought this and looking forward to the Voyager XL. The Moog SP, does everything you ask of it, I cannot fault the SP, best Synth Module I have bought

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the loops! I will be passing these around the crew and sharing them w/ our fans (if thats ok by you). ;)

    Best,
    Nova

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt Francis. We will send a confirmation email. All the best to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those waves and envelopes!! so Moogy! Coming from 2 years on a Little Phatty, I can say that I will never, ever sell it. It is butter. Pure butter. Tempted to pick up a slim so I can go duophonic.

    Anonymous, I have no idea what you're talking about. Moog has made amazing progress throughout it's rich history. Especially recently with the addition of 2 high end monosynths within the pricerange of almost any serious producer. I don't get behind many brands, but I'm very proud to be moog owner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sample pack, Francis. It will even be better once I sample it to 12 bit. And Anonymous is on crack. Every Moog OS from the Voyager onwards is absolutely rock solid digital control of analogue components.

    -RR

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice loops, very raw sounding. I wish I had Slim Phatty :)

    ReplyDelete